Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pin 90

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://asmallsnippet.blogspot.com/2011/09/wanna-make-dress.html

I have made this dress before (See Pin 37) but the link actually has two styles on it. The long one in the pin is what I made first. This time I made the short version. I get so many compliments on the long dress and it is so comfortable I decided I needed the short one too.

This time I used a tank in my closet that was ooooollllldddd and some fabric that had been in my stash since well before my first child was born. In a nutshell, this dress was free!

There was a small drawback. Because the tank was so old and soft and stretchy to the point of being a little too stretchy, it gave me trouble sewing the two pieces together. I made it rather late on night and I just kept bungling it over and over. The weight of the skirt pulls the weak over stretched fabric down in the back which makes the back dip lower than the front. I had to make an extra wide sash to compensate for that.

It has actually been a while since I made it but I kept forgetting to take a picture of it when I had it on. I still love it and I get compliments on it all the time too! This tutorial is truly a winner!

Total cost: $0

Total time: I think I spent 2 hours on it because I kept bungling it up.

Final verdict: Love, love! Is it obvious since I have made this dress twice??

2 comments:

  1. Did you brew the tea or just put it in a container with the other ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put it in the pitcher with cold water and let it steep in the refrigerator overnight.

      Delete